- GCFLearnFree.org – For more than a decade, the Goodwill Community Foundation program has helped millions around the world learn the essential skills they need to live and work in the 21st century. From Microsoft Office and email to reading, math, and more. The site offers 125 tutorials, including more than 1,100 lessons, videos, and interactives, completely free.
- Artypist.com – A portal providing an online free typing course, created for help you in learning, improving and mastering the art of typing.
- History Matters – Annotated guide to the most useful websites for teaching U.S. history and social studies. We have carefully selected and screened each website for quality and provide a paragraph annotation that summarizes the site’s content, notes its strengths and weaknesses, and emphasizes its utility for teachers. Information is provided on the type of website (Archive, Electronic Essay, Gateway, Journal, Organization, Syllabi/Assignments) and the type of resource (text, images, audio, and video). Browse sites by topic and time period or look through a list of some of our favorite sites on this page.
- Khan Academy – Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. We tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more. Our math missions guide learners from kindergarten to calculus using state-of-the-art, adaptive technology that identifies strengths and learning gaps. We’ve also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences, and MIT to offer specialized content.
- SOS Math – Advanced Math help and tutorials
Going to college
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid – the official site of the free application for federal student aid. You can find out more information and fill the form out online.
- Federal Student Aid – Additional info on financial aid and college prep. Be sure to check out what types of aid you qualify for.